This week I wanted to provide an update on events and fundraisers being planned by a few of the committees in the community.
First up, just a reminder that registration is open for the Annual Firefly Run and Pennington Creek Canoe & Kayak Regatta. These events on Friday, April 30th and Saturday, May 1st, respectively. If you are feeling up to it and looking forward to enjoying the great outdoors, participate in both and receive $10 back in registration fees. The run will take place on its normal route from the First United Methodist Church in Tishomingo to the Wildlife Refuge and back. It is a glow run! For rowing on Saturday, register and come even if you don’t own your own rig. We will have several available for you to use thanks to generous locals like Dan Moore, Jason Bryant and Rex Morrell. You can find registration links on the Tishomingo Development Team Facebook page under the events tab.
The Tishomingo Parks & Recreation Committee met last week to start nailing down future fundraisers and discuss repairs needed at Pennington Creek Park. The latter is currently being addressed thanks to Mr. Sullivan with Tishomingo Public Works. Here are some events to look forward to:
- Tishomingo Parks & Recreation t-shirt sale – March
- Play Day in the Park – Spring Break, March
- Annual Cornhole Tournament – March/April
- Cover Me With a Clover/Easter Egg – March/April
- Annual Dodgeball Tournament – April 10
- Pennington Creek Canoe & Kayak Regatta – May 1
- Easy Freezy – Mother’s Day Made Easy – April 25 – May 8
- Father’s Day Golf Scramble & BBQ Cookoff – June 19
- Little Mr. & Miss Firecracker Contest – June/July
- Annual Softball Tournament – September
- Wine/Art Walk – October
- BINGO nights – TBD
Details on each will be made available on the Tishomingo Parks & Rec Facebook group. Please join and let us know if you would like to participate, donate, or help!
The Annual Chamber Banquet is on for April 17th and tickets are now on sale. Grab yours before they’re gone – seats are limited! Donations and sponsorships are appreciated.
Good luck to all at the Johnston County Jr. Livestock Show this week! Congratulations to Kristie’s Kid Kare on their 28th anniversary on March 1st! Welcome to the Chamber, Texoma Herb Company! Next week’s Member Spotlight will be on Blue River Nutrition.
-Jordyn Frazier, Executive Director, JCCC